Omnibus Cover #2

My husband came to my rescue and recreated for the omnibus cover the exact same look of the books in the Ginecean series. I merely played with the final product.

Roberto’s masterpiece in all its splendor:

Ginecean Chronicles (Roberto)

My only contribution was to slightly change the effects on the two chosen images:

Ginecean Chronicles (Monica)

I think we have a winner.

Omnibus Cover #2

Omnibus Cover for The Ginecean Chronicles #1

Outside is foggy and grayer than usual. I’ve been waiting for a few sites to answer me back so I can plan my next book promotion, and so I had a few hours of idle time and started working on a possible cover for an omnibus. This is the first attempt.

The Ginecean Chronicles

Omnibus Cover for The Ginecean Chronicles #1

Only at Night: Same Model, Different Concepts for a Cover

In my attempt to create new covers for my stories, I have been hard at work and must confess I am having fun. Below, is an example of what I have done for the past three days. I have yet to master Expression Design and Gimp, but I feel I am making progress toward the right direction. I had a few images left over from earlier projects and I used them to create a series of mock book covers. Maybe I’ll write this story one day.

Only at Night

Only at Night.Sepia Backdrop

Only at Night.Blue Backdrop

Only at Night: Same Model, Different Concepts for a Cover

Indie Authors: Jacks of Several Trades

My cover artist and dear friend Alessandro Fiorini has started a new exciting career, and I know it is going to be hard to replace him. Therefore, in case I won’t find his replacement soon enough, in the last two months, I have tried to learn how to use Expression Design 4 and Gimp to create book covers. Not an easy task, but I have been busy working on it every day. As I wrote in a different post, I wasn’t happy with Elios’s cover. I didn’t like the model’s face and the overall palette. I worked on the cover Alessandro had created for me, using Painter to tinker with the image, but the result wasn’t of my satisfaction. At that point, I was ready to publish the book, but Alessandro was in the middle of his transition to the new job, so I couldn’t ask him to remake the cover and I uploaded the image anyway. Meanwhile, I started a new cover from scratch, using Gimp, Expression design 4, Paint.NET, and Painter. Yesterday, helped by my patient husband, I finally reached a level I could be happy with. And if only Amazon would upload the new covers, I would be happier still.

Elios cover_960x1280

Gaia cover_960x1280

Those below are the old covers—which, much to my chagrin, at the moment are still displayed on the Amazon page. Among other changes, I had to decide on a different typeface because Trajan Pro, the one Alessandro originally used on Photoshop, didn’t look the same on Expression Design 4. Also, I worked with a different Etruscan alphabet for Gaia’s cover because I couldn’t find the one Alessandro used.

Elios Amazon 3 ritoccata

Gaia Kindle Finale

Indie Authors: Jacks of Several Trades